Our people are at the core of everything we do, and the Fettes family is a family for life.
We want Fettes to be a school of choice for students, parents, and all of our staff. The school takes strength from its diversity and continues to work against any forms of discrimination to create an environment of kindness, compassion and diversity of thought.
Our targets include:
• Ongoing consultation in self-evaluation, ensuring all stakeholders (including parents) are heard
• Equity, diversity, and inclusion at the core of any development
• Nurturing the Fettes family and building on the Fettes Career Partnership by calling on the experience of so many Old Fettesians and parents
• Development of social areas for inter-year group mixing
• Creating opportunities for staff professional development
Hub for Professional Development
"We believe that the unparalleled quality of our staff is our most valuable commodity at Fettes College. Inspirational teaching and learning, outstanding public exam results and sector leading pastoral care pay testament to the incredible skills and work ethic of our staff. We are committed to investing in their development and improvement through high quality professional learning opportunities which are tailored to the individual needs of each member of staff, alongside an engaging culture of self-reflection and collaborative research. We hope to share our expertise and resources more widely and become a recognised centre of excellence for professional development."
Alastair Armstrong, Director of Learning and Teaching