The Fettes Service motto: "Leave People and Places better than you found them", was clear during this year's Service Day where 250 students supported the local community in a variety of different ways.
Fourth Form students took part in:
- Litter Picking in green areas across our local area
- Tidying the Drama Studio
- Upgrading the Fettes Mountain Bike Trail
Fifth Form students were split across 2 sites:
- Lauriston Farm community market garden
- Upgrading walking paths within Warriston Cemetery
Lower Sixth students completed their service in smaller groups:
- Supporting Local Care Home - Queens Manor and Crammond Residence
- FetLor Youth Centre
- Managing food orders for the Cyrenians - a local food bank for the homeless
- Maintaining SuperTroop Equipment
- Working with ‘Opportutoring’ to deliver English lessons to U18 refugees
The collective efforts of our students have made a significant difference, reflected in some of the feedback received:
Lauriston Farm - “We have been asked to support service activities before but we haven't had such an interested, polite and hardworking group before. You are always welcome back. Thank you’”
Warriston Cemetery - “The impact of your hard work will not receive obvious verbal praise, but your work would have taken our small team at least 3 months to achieve.”
Cyrenians - "Just wanted to say thanks for all the help on Friday, the students were absolutely brilliant and provided a big help in getting all our orders ready for today. Honestly I wish they could volunteer every Friday’"
Well done everyone.