An opportunity has arisen for an experienced and qualified time served joiner to join our dedicated maintenance team at Fettes College for a period of 6 months, with the possibility of this being extended. The maintenance team forms part of the Estates Department and consists of joiners, electricians, painters, plumber and compliance technician.
The work involves planned and reactive day-to-day maintenance as well as being involved in various projects across the school.
Key Aspects of the Job
The Estates Department is responsible for the care and maintenance of the school buildings and grounds to maintain and enhance the learning environment for students and staff.
The Maintenance Joiner will report to the Maintenance Supervisor and the duties will include:
- General joiner led work throughout the school on a planned and reactive maintenance basis
- Running and operating the joiners’ workshop to current standards and regulations
- Responsibility for the general upkeep of work areas, tools and equipment
- Involvement in maintenance and project planning and supervision of on-site contractors
- Supporting members of the department and undertaking other tasks as required
To apply please submit your CV and a covering letter outlining your suitability for the role, salary expectations and available start date, via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you would like further information prior to applying for this role, please contact Mr Joss Kay, Head of Maintenance on 0131 311 6742.
An offer of employment will be subject to two satisfactory references and a clean report being obtained from the Disclosure Scotland PVG Scheme in view of the contact you will have with children during your normal duties.
Closing date for applications is Friday, 21st January 2022 at 1pm. Interviews will take place during week commencing 24th January 2022.
For more details please see below: