An opportunity has arisen for a Development Officer to join the Development Team at Fettes College on a temporary basis to cover maternity leave in the existing team. Reporting to the Director of Development and working alongside three other members of the Development Team, the successful candidate will be required to hit the ground running to devise, promote and deliver compelling income generating annual giving programmes aligned to strategic priorities, carefully steward Fettes Foundation donors and manage the Fettes College Development Team’s database (The Raiser’s Edge) to exacting standards. This key role in our busy and friendly team will support our aims to deepen and widen engagement with members of the warm and generous Fettes community across the globe and to strengthen philanthropic giving towards the Fettes Foundation.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Managing the Fettes Foundation annual giving, in particular, the Annual Appeal (March 2022) including all direct mail materials, e-mail and web copy and fulfilment materials.
- Providing a high standard of stewardship and supporter care to Fettes Foundation donors, including fulfilment of fundraising appeals and effective verbal and written communications.
- Managing our processes for thanking, renewals and upgrades and on an ongoing basis, ensuring these are the best they can be.
- Delivering the Fettes Foundation Stewardship Events Programme.
- Managing the Fettes College Development Team database (The Raiser’s Edge).
- Producing data to support Development Team priorities eg mailings, campaigns and events.
- Ensuring GDPR compliance for the Development Team (including the Fettes Foundation and the Old Fettesian Association).
- Preparing prospect management, activity updates and financial reports, as necessary, for the Director of Development, Senior staff, Foundation Trustees and Governors.
- Managing budgets aligned to key responsibilities.
Applicants should complete an Application Form, which can be accessed directly from our website by clicking here.
Completed applications together with a CV and covering letter outlining your suitability for the post should be returned via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you would like to discuss your application in advance, please do not hesitate to contact Nicola Pickavance, Director of Development, by emailing email@example.com by 27th September.
Fettes College is committed to the safeguarding of children. An offer of employment will be subject to two satisfactory references being obtained from your referees and a clean report being obtained on you from the Disclosure Scotland PVG Scheme in view of the contact you will have with children during your normal duties.
Closing date for applications is Monday, 4th October 2021 with interviews for short-listed candidates being held 11th and 12th October 2021.
For more information please see below: