An opportunity has arisen for a Commis Chef to join our Catering Department. Commis Chefs are responsible for providing support to the Kitchen section in the provision of services within the Catering Department and to College Facilities, both for the Fettes Trust and its subsidiary companies.
Specifically, the Catering Department provides three meals per day throughout term time and during the Summer Language School ‘term’ and one meal per day for primarily non-teaching staff at other times, subject to the needs of the department to close for training, cleaning and holidays.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in delivery of vibrant, fresh and seasonal food.
- Ensure that all food is stored, handled and packed at the correct temperature and in accordance with food handling and hygiene regulations.
- To serve, when required, on food counters following all customer service standards.
- Use machinery as shown and trained, ensuring it is used safely and in accordance with legislation, and reporting issues to your Line Manager.
- To comply with all health and safety legislation.
- Provide excellent levels of customer care at all times.
- To be responsible for monitoring and recording, day to day production schedule of each menu item.
- Comply with food hygiene and health and safety regulations and procedures
- Any other reasonable duties as required in the provision of Catering Services.
To apply please submit your CV and a covering letter outlining your suitability for the role via email to: email@example.com.
For more details please see below.